All of us have quick access to devices that allow us to access the Internet. People all over the world make the most of what the Internet has to offer when it comes to researching, shopping, seeking information about a product, service, or company, etc. This is true in Kuwait as well. The population of Kuwait in January 2022 was 4.35 million, and the number of Internet users was 4.31 million. The Internet penetration rate is 99%.
Businesses have the option to develop many different types of websites which dictates the cost. They can either have a simple website to simply have an Internet presence or have a special website like eCommerce, custom, small scale, premium website, etc. The website development cost depends on several factors, including the type of website, as explained in this article.
Common Hurdles When Estimating Project Cost
It is hard to estimate the website development cost since there is a wide range of factors to consider. Website development largely involves creating website design and coding the functionality. However, this depends on the level of customization and type of website. There are several variables when trying to estimate the cost, including the location of the development company, choice of development platform, development methodology, and size of the website. All these factors and more make it hard to estimate the cost of a website.
Types of Websites
- Basic Website: This is a simple website, as the name suggests, and is often the ideal option if the goal is simply having a website presence. It will not have any customization of a very small percentage of it. This type of website is used to post information about your business’s products and services online; however, it will not suffice if you are looking to rank on search engine results. They tend to have a readymade template and stock images with almost no customization. It can be a simple CMS, a simple eCommerce website, and one that is made using one of the several open source software available. This type of website costs the least.
- Feature-rich website: If you are looking for a small business website, this is probably best for you. This will include a high percentage of custom elements like a custom design and several customer features as well. Some of the popular frameworks used to develop this type of website include WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco, and Joomla. This is useful if your main purpose is to create awareness about your products and services and rank high on the search engines. It is also ideal for developing an eCommerce website that has a certain level of customization with an appealing design that can give your firm an upper edge. This will cost slightly higher, as one might imagine.
- Customized Website: For those requiring a premium website with all the bells and whistles, a full custom website is the best choice. This type of website will also cost the most since it requires more effort. You have the choice of integrating several advanced technologies and custom APIs. More effort is put into the website design with higher levels of customization to include simpler navigation, aesthetic design, and at the same time visually appealing. Some of the popular frameworks used to develop this type of website include Codeigniter, Magento, Laravel, SharePoint, Django, etc.
Factors to Consider When Estimating Cost
- A website can serve many purposes; hence the first step is to establish the main reason for building one. Some of the common reasons are business growth, an online presence, marketing their product, selling products, etc. It is important to first establish your goals since this affects the overall cost of development.
- The targeted audience will dictate the type of technologies you need to implement; thus, this too is an important factor.
- Some of the key elements of any website include the logo, website design, development, and customization. The higher the complexity, the more it will cost.
- The type of website you want to develop will directly affect the cost. It can be a small business website, one with minimal features, a feature-rich website, customized website, eCommerce Website, CMS, educative, portal, etc.
- The decisions you make during the website development stage also greatly influence the cost. This includes the level of complexity of UI/UX, and tools selected for the front-end and back-end development. IT is also affected by features added at the front-end and if any APIs are used to integrate additional features at the back-end.
Essential Tips on Website Development Cost
- Always ask the development firm to provide additional details of what they plan to include in the web development to get a better idea of what you are paying for and ensure you are not overpaying.
- You should be aware of the technologies being implemented, both on the front-end and the back-end.
- The cost differs depending on where the development firm is situated and several other factors; however it is important to ensure your website has a responsive design and the firm provides full support & maintenance.
Here are a few statistics that help you ensure you are paying the right amount for the website development:
- Website design is very important since users do not take more than 50 milliseconds to decide to browse the website based on what they see.
- 61% of users will not return to a website if they have had trouble accessing the website in the past.
- 57% of Internet users will not recommend a poorly designed website.
- 44% of the users will not browse the website if they find it non-trustworthy with no contact information.
Benefits of Trusting CliqTechno for Website Development
CliqTechno is one of the most well-known and experienced website development companies in Kuwait. We are the favorite solution provider offering a wide range of services. We have a professional team that helps with the analysis of your business to gain a detailed understanding of your requirements. It is only after a good brainstorming process that we establish the requirements and begin.
Our development team has the expertise to transform your ideas into reality. We used a proven development methodology to do so. We launch our websites only after it is fully tested by our dedicated QA team. Hence you can be assured of quality as well. Contact us for your next website development projects; several businesses around the world trust us with their development requirements.